Friday, November 4, 2011

Bringing the Brussels

In keeping with my viewer’s requests, I am going to share a recipe. This is how I cook Brussels sprouts. This is one of the easiest side dishes to make. It takes less then 10 minutes to make from start to finish and is mighty healthy. I hope everyone tries it at least once and lets me know how they like it.

What is needed:

Couple dozen Brussels sprouts washed and sliced in half
¼ of an onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbsp of aged balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper



Take a large pan or wok in my case and place it on the stove at medium heat with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in it. Once the oil is hot, place each spout cut side down and cover to steam. (About 5 minutes or so)


Cook until the cut sides turn a light golden brown.


Once brown, toss in onions, garlic, salt pepperm vinegar and the third tablespoon of oil and toss and cover for 3 more minutes.


I usually serve it right away. It goes great with just about anything. I hope you enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment