Sunday, September 15, 2013

Here We Go Again

My how the times have gone. It seems like it's been so long ago since I last wrote. No real reason, just needed to live more than I needed to write. Things have changed dramatically in my life since my last post. We will find out soon if it is for the better or not.

A few months ago, I had a choice to make at work on whether or not it was still making me happy, and bringing fulfillment in my life.  There were many changes taking place at the office and I just didn't feel like the direction it was taking was best suited for me and if I liked my place in their plans.  So with my wife's blessing and support, I decided to just move on and find something else that was more suited to my needs and my family's demands. So I quit my job of 11 years and moved on. 

I planned my departure to coincide with the summer and when my kids were out of school.  A little break from the working routine and a lot of time with the kids was sure in order.  Though we still made sure we sent them to summer camps and such to save my sanity and give the kids a resemblance of structure, we made sure we planned fun and inventive camps for them to attend.  My lovely wife set it all up and took full advantage of my non-working status.  Parts of the summer had me picking up kids at various locales and taking them other places, other times they were only signed up for half day camps, sometimes I drove 5 minutes to drop them off and other times I was away for 30-45. It was tiring and fun. Did I wish I stayed at work a few of them days? Sure, but seeing how much my kids enjoyed having me available was really nice.

I took the free time I had to relax some. Went fishing one of those days and played a round of golf somewhere in there too. The rest of that time I just spent reading, researching and planning out my new career path. With everything on the table to choose from and so many directions I might want to go laid before me I decided to start narrowing the list. Going back to school, real estate, working in a kitchen, even starting a small restaurant or owning some other small business.  I spent months narrowing down the list, figuring out all the risks involved, figuring out the money and cash flows and making valuable contacts and picking their brains on the pitfalls and jubilation of their respective businesses. It's been interesting to learn about and talk to so many people in jobs and industries I didn't know about before. I have grown exponentially during this entire process.  Something I believe I would have never been able to experience had I not made this leap.

Now with the kids back in school, I have kicked up the job search and have it close to being nailed down. Once the deal is final, I will make sure to keep you all posted on my new adventure. It should be pretty interesting to say the least.  As always, I apologize for all grammar errors.  Enjoy the summer camp pics and various random shots of food and friends. Life is given to use one minute at a time, might as well enjoy every one of them.

First time tubing with the family.
Just a nutty kid.



First day of First Grade





Getting nuttier




Our California trip added on a few pounds with stuff like this.


Had to visit the legend that is Pink's





Being that nutty sure takes it out of him.




Photo bombed by Minnie Mouse. Cora wasn't happy about it as you can see.




But who doesn't like Mickey right?
Back at the nutty thing.




He learned that sweets eating thing from his mom obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment