Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chicken Cacciatore

Been living life again and just didn't have much to write about. Too much to tell you about so I won't tell you anything I guess. Man of few words sort of thing. Thought I would come back talking about one of my wife's favorite dishes that I make. It's easy to make and tasty to eat. This is my Chicken Cacciatore.

What is needed:
3 carrots peeled and sliced
1 small yellow bell pepper
1 small red bell pepper
 
2 shallots diced
1/2 small onion diced
3 cloves garlic diced
2 tbsps. of cornstarch
1 or 2 cups of red wine
1 jar pasta sauce that you like to eat
2 chicken breasts cubed and some drumsticks or chicken thighs if you choose
Seasonings: 1 tbsp. salt, 1 tbsp. pepper, 1 tbsp. Italian seasonings

Step 1: prep all the ingredients as you see here. Use all the seasoning mix and cornstarch on the chicken.


Step 2: Brown the chicken. I tend to do it in different stages. Dark meat first then the cubes chicken breasts.



Step 3: Sautee the veggies on medium high heat. Once cooked through, add the red wine.
 


Step 4: Once wine reduced, add chicken back in and mix. Then add the tomato sauce. Reduce heat and let cook for 20-30 minutes.


If sauce is too thick you can add some chicken stock. 1 cup usually works fine.

 
I like to serve on a bed of rice with some peas. Enjoy!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment