Friday, October 10, 2014

So This is What 10 Years Feels Like

As we all get older, we ask this one question more and more often; "Where does the time go?"

I can not believe it has been 10 years since I married my lovely wife. Looking back; I don't know how we got here. We  started off like most young couples, money was tight, most of our meals were at home, and many weekends were spend watching rented videos.  But with that, we had a chance to talk, to get to know each other more and more, have picnics in the park and go on long walks hand in hand.

I would add photos of back then but no one wants to see bad hair cuts and poor clothing choices.

Then, we decided to have kids and the madness ensued. We grew as a family.

 
 
 
Through it all, we smiled a lot, ate many good meals, gained loads of friends, and made some questionable decisions to say the least. I can say with all sincerity that I have been fortunate enough to have married:

A Loving Partner
My Traveling Companion
My Children's Doctor

My Biggest Supporter

And of Course, My Best Friend
At the end of these ten years I can honestly say, That I love my wife and even though money isn't as tight any more: I still love the meals we share at home, watching movies together, talking to one another, our occasional picnics and the walks we go on hand in hand. 10 years, and still not a person I would rather share a meal with. Now that's saying something.



No comments:

Post a Comment